Sunday, December 27, 2009

Period after 7 weeks

Still taking the Mexican BCPs. I don't have the exact date, but after my last breakthrough, I believe I started taking the BCPs continuously again around October 25th.
I've been symptom free and had new breakthrough bleeding on December 14th. That's 7 weeks, only one week longer than last time.
I find I get pretty bad headaches when I go off the BCP for the week. I will usually wake up with the headache in the middle of the night and it's still lingering the next morning. Sometimes I will wake up feeling o.k. and then the headache appears within an hour.
I have been looking around the Internet for a comparable BCP as I am near approaching my last pack from Mexico. It appears the dosage is the same as Nordette, which is the same as the generic Levora.
I need to contact Costco Pharmacy to see if they have Levora and how much it is (they are closed today, Sunday). I can probably get my OB/GYN to write a new prescription after updating him on my success, even though I went around his back to get cheaper BCPs with the slightly higher dosage.
I dread having to pay $15-$20 for 21 days worth of pills (Mexico was $6). The doctors don't seem to understand how the math works out. "It's only $20/month." No, it's $20 for 21 days and if I have 4-5 periods a year that works out to $26.50/month. I have no insurance. This is all out of pocket expense for me.
When it comes to health care, I truly miss living in Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Custom Search